Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANT A FREE GAME OR CONSOLE? CLICK HERE

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield: Bad Company Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jexic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Jexic

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Battlefield: Bad Company Review Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield: Bad Company Review   Battlefield: Bad Company Review I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:48 am

The next installment of the Battlefield series has infact changed a few features about the standard FPS without straying away from the "safe" FPS standards. Is this a good, or bad thing; and is this game the next FPS to get?

Singleplayer:

Graphics- The graphics are really good actually, the character desines are all very real along with their animations and movements. The game has a grain-over effect added making the game feel grittier, but still pretty. 8/10

Sound- This is the only time I would pay 'sound' as a category, but the game sounds SO real. From footsteps, to gunfire, to everything. There is not one time you will hear a generic FPS sound. 10/10

Controls- Here is where I start to feel less comfortable with the game. The controls feel wrong. Drving is completely wrong as you drive with the left trigger and bumper, unless you switch the control to the stick. The inventory menu is clumped and the game doesn't play smoothly. 4/10

Story- Pretty standard FPS game, until the story kicks in. This game isn't a follow your commands orders game, it's a go steal some gold game. However, I feel the idea was influenced by the film "Three Kings". 8/10

Missions- Fairly short game, 7 levels each 20-30 minutes long, unless you play on Hard. Each mission is basically start here, go here, kill these guys, go to the other side of the map in a car, kill these guys, backtrack, end. 7/10

Replayable- Kind of. Really only one more playthrough, for beating it on hard. Then it just gets old, and frustrating. 6/10

Different- This is a very important category. You can't and shouldn't be buyig the same game over and over. But Battlefield is not the same old FPS. The much hated CoD4 noob tube is now your play toy, and you can create your own paths through towns instead of following linear paths like CoD. This is like a Sandbox Level Based Game. However, the game isn't THAT different. There are still many of the same old elements that just won't go away.... EVER. 8/10

Multiplayer

The multiplayer works like this:

You start as an unarmed level 0 noob who everyone mocks at after having been boosting for the past 5 days. You are expected to play the same multiplayer mode x amount of times until you reach level 25. Every 2 levels, you unlock two points, which unlocks a gun or upgrade (which you get to pick).

There are two modes (thank god the second mode finally arrived, to bad I sold my copy already and thank god my friend let me try it today at his house). Mode 1- Gold Rush, Mode 2- Conquest

Gold Rush- 2 teams, assault and defend. Defence, well, defends, while the assaulting team is given two objectives (gold crates)to blow up (apparently in this game if you blow something up, it isn't blown up, it's now your property). Everytime these two objectives are blown up, more time is put on the clock, and defense gets pushed back and offense is given 2 more objectives (and this repeats until either assault gets all crates, or time runs out)

Conquest- 2 teams capture bases (flags) until one team scores enough points. Also known as Domination in CoD or Conquest in EVERY OTHER BATTLEFIELD GAME.

It's basically a love it or hate it thing. I personally hated it with every fiber of my body. It would take 2 clips or a massive miss from a knife to kill someone. Also, until a week ago, there was only one game mode which wasn't very fun. Now, you can download (for free) the new conquest game mode, which is the same as all other Battlefield games.

The online achievements also killed the multiplayer experience because you'd have a pit of four people trying to knife someone and one person at a distance noob tubing them.

The multiplayer community never spoke and teamwork was non-existant. If you were 20 feet from the heli-copter running the opposite way of it, you'd be teamkilled by the guy who was standing there for 10 minutes since the last guy took it.

The multiplayer is the same old thing, just in a fully destructible environment.
5/10

SINGLEPLAYER: 8
MULTIPLAYER: 5
SANDBOX SHOOTOUT RATING: 7.5
Back to top Go down
Kinger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kinger

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Review   Battlefield: Bad Company Review I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Yeah I agree with a lot of your review. Although, I really like the game. They need to work on the controls for the vehicles and what not. I also think the the guns are still a little under powered. Seems like it takes way too many shots to kill someone, especially the noob tube. I rarely kill anyone with it, even when it explodes right next to them.

I love conquest mode, although it does take a ton of teamwork away from the game (what little was actually there) since everyone is split up to go for whatever flag the believe they should.

Overall I think it's a good game, but I will put it no where as near as many hours in it as I did Modern Combat.
Back to top Go down
The Solid Link
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
The Solid Link

Number of posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Review   Battlefield: Bad Company Review I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Nice review, I had some fun with the demo but I would never buy a EA FPS.
Back to top Go down
Jexic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Jexic

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Review   Battlefield: Bad Company Review I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:27 pm

any suggestions on the next game i should review?
i have a lot of spare time... there is nothing to do and its to damn hot out.
Back to top Go down
The Solid Link
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
The Solid Link

Number of posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Review   Battlefield: Bad Company Review I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Rock Band, or GTA IV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Review   Battlefield: Bad Company Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield: Bad Company Review
Page 1 of 1