Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANT A FREE GAME OR CONSOLE? CLICK HERE

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maattt
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Maattt

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-10

[Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer   [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 pm

Stephen Totilo of the MTV Multiplayer blog has posted recently that the feature just isn't there. He says he learned of this from Rockstar Games itself as he played a Devkit version of the game via a local network in the developer's New York City office.

The blogger points out that limitations in hardware is a probable reason for the feature being omitted. He reasons that the sheer size of Liberty City being rendered split-screen may be a bit too much even with the hardware of the Xbox 360 and the PS3. He also points out that the feature seems less essential in an age when most people who'll be playing GTA 4 can easily have multiplayer action online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattx360xuk.com
Ninja
The boss
The boss
Ninja

Number of posts : 782
Consoles: : XBOX 360
Favourite game : Gears of War
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer   [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:24 pm

I wouldn't want to play it in split screen anyway, it's not suited to this type of game if you ask me it's more a lonesome game but with the added extra option of XBL
Back to top Go down
http://www.goodies4free.co.uk
fant
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
fant

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer   [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:26 pm

Ninja wrote:
I wouldn't want to play it in split screen anyway, it's not suited to this type of game if you ask me it's more a lonesome game but with the added extra option of XBL
indeed, normally I love splitscreen, but with GTA IV it would propably ruin the atmosphere of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer   [Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Confirmed] No splitscreen Multiplayer
Page 1 of 1