Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANT A FREE GAME OR CONSOLE? CLICK HERE

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maattt
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Maattt

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-10

GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..? Empty
PostSubject: GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..?   GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:14 pm

We already expect Rockstar North to hit it big with Grand Theft Auto 4 (Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3), but it's not a well known fact how much money it cost developing the behemoth of open-world games across three and a half years. Interesting enough, GTA 4 could very well be the most expensive video game to make in history.

Leslie Benzies, Rockstar North president and producer of Grand Theft Auto 4, reportedly made a wild guess saying it took around US$ 100 million to build the next-gen Liberty City. “It's like making a theatre production, a few movies and an album all to fit into one package," he said.

Some 1,000 people were allegedly involved in Grand Theft Auto 4's production, with 220 settled in Rockstar North's Scotland HQ. It didn't take less than 100,000 photographs of New York just to capture the rain's intensity, a thousand pages of script served as the game's backbone, and countless 12-hour days at work were spent by key members.

If it is true that U$ 100 million were spent, Rockstar could safely nudge Silicon Knights' Too Human and Sega's Shenmue off stage since both are known to have fallen a few million short of a hundred. Whether or not GTA 4 sets records, Rockstar can still live off the US$ 50 million Microsoft paid for exclusive DLC and the piles of money its upcoming surefire hit will generate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattx360xuk.com
Ninja
The boss
The boss
Ninja

Number of posts : 782
Consoles: : XBOX 360
Favourite game : Gears of War
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..?   GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:26 pm

GEESH! This is gonna be one MONSTER of a game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.goodies4free.co.uk
Kinger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kinger

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..?   GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Ninja wrote:
GEESH! This is gonna be one MONSTER of a game!

You can say that again!
Back to top Go down
Nathan Vernon
Casual gamer
Casual gamer
Nathan Vernon

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..?   GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..? I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:20 pm

They'll have made alot more than $100 million from this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..?   GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTA IV cost Rockstar $100 Million to Make..?
Page 1 of 1