Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANT A FREE GAME OR CONSOLE? CLICK HERE

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kinger

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Finally got online... and I think I found the problem... Empty
PostSubject: Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...   Finally got online... and I think I found the problem... I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:41 pm

I have the computer, and cable internet in my room. Well, if I use the cable for my computer, I don't have any TV. So, I went out and bought this type of cable splitter to split the cable to my TV and computer. I'm also using a Linksys router. I think that I've split my internet connection so much through the cable splitter and router that my Xbox isn't getting enough connection and it's causing my yellow ping on Call of Duty and all the disconnecting from GTA.

Well. I plugged the Xbox directly into the modem (which is also still split to the TV for cable) and I got green ping in CoD immediately. I also started to find matches on GTA. Not once did I get disconnected.

If that was my problem, I'm a bit bummed out because I don't want to always have to disconnect the xbox or PC to use internet. It would be a pain in the ass. But, I don't know any other ways.
Back to top Go down
Maattt
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Maattt

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...   Finally got online... and I think I found the problem... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:53 am

Kinger975 wrote:
I have the computer, and cable internet in my room. Well, if I use the cable for my computer, I don't have any TV. So, I went out and bought this type of cable splitter to split the cable to my TV and computer. I'm also using a Linksys router. I think that I've split my internet connection so much through the cable splitter and router that my Xbox isn't getting enough connection and it's causing my yellow ping on Call of Duty and all the disconnecting from GTA.

Well. I plugged the Xbox directly into the modem (which is also still split to the TV for cable) and I got green ping in CoD immediately. I also started to find matches on GTA. Not once did I get disconnected.

If that was my problem, I'm a bit bummed out because I don't want to always have to disconnect the xbox or PC to use internet. It would be a pain in the ass. But, I don't know any other ways.

you could connect your 360 to your PC via ethernet, then your PC to modem. then just set network sharing using your firewall?
well it would mean, everytime you wanted to connect to Xbox Live, you would have to turn on your PC but im sure it's not that much of a hassle as its what my cousin does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattx360xuk.com
Kinger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kinger

PostSubject: Re: Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...   Finally got online... and I think I found the problem... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 4:22 am

mattx360xuk wrote:
Kinger975 wrote:

you could connect your 360 to your PC via ethernet, then your PC to modem. then just set network sharing using your firewall?
well it would mean, everytime you wanted to connect to Xbox Live, you would have to turn on your PC but im sure it's not that much of a hassle as its what my cousin does.

Hmm. Sounds a bit complicated. Would that solve the issue of not enough connectivity to my Xbox?

I tried GTA the normal way again, and the same stuff happened. So I'm pretty sure my problem is what I think it is, although I figured this would happen when I bought the cable splitters.
Back to top Go down
Maattt
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Maattt

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...   Finally got online... and I think I found the problem... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Kinger975 wrote:
mattx360xuk wrote:
Kinger975 wrote:

Hmm. Sounds a bit complicated. Would that solve the issue of not enough connectivity to my Xbox?

I tried GTA the normal way again, and the same stuff happened. So I'm pretty sure my problem is what I think it is, although I figured this would happen when I bought the cable splitters.

I dunno, but it's worth a shot, heres a GUIDE HERE
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattx360xuk.com
Kinger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kinger

PostSubject: Re: Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...   Finally got online... and I think I found the problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:13 am

Well I noticed today that I wasn't having and problems online when my computer was connected like normal, at least on Call of Duty. I still had green ping. Now, GTA is another case. I suppose I'll just connect it differently when I go to play GTA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...   Finally got online... and I think I found the problem... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally got online... and I think I found the problem...
Page 1 of 1