Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANT A FREE GAME OR CONSOLE? CLICK HERE

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maattt
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Maattt

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-10

The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to Empty
PostSubject: The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to   The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Over on Major Nelson's latest podcast, Larry Hryb, aka Major Nelson himself, made it clear that the new Xbox Live Experience is more or less an optional feature you can use to enhance your gaming experience. For those folks who aren't "flipping their bit" at the news of the new interface, they can choose to do everything the way they're used to via the Xbox Guide.

Speaking about the Xbox 360's revamped dashboard in the latest podcast, Hryb explained that:

...you don't actually have to use it. You can just never go there; just leave your game disc in and you're gonna be able to pretty much do everything that you could before but on the Guide level: one button press away in every single game.

Hryb also mentioned that you don't have to use the avatars; "they're not required," as Hryb notes. Instead, you have the option of simply using your gamer pictures and themes as before.

For the full skinny on the Xbox Live Experience, you can visit Major Nelson's site, linked below, and download the podcast. The important bits about the revamped dashboard, noted above, can be found at the 17:00 mark onwards. The portion relating to avatars, on the other hand, can be found at the 6:30 mark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattx360xuk.com
The Solid Link
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
The Solid Link

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to   The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 pm

I seen the guide and it looks very small and hard to use. It is nice that people will not have to use the avatar if they don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Kinger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kinger

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to   The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Yeah. This is sounding good. I wasn't really looking forward to the Avatars or the new dashboard. It looks interesting though, so I may give it a shot once we get it.

I'm curious though. I wonder if we'll be able to switch back and forth or something incase we don't like the new one?
Back to top Go down
Maattt
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Maattt

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to   The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 am

its not saying you can switch between them, its just saying you never have to look at it as everything can be done through the guide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattx360xuk.com
Kinger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kinger

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to   The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 am

Maattt wrote:
its not saying you can switch between them, its just saying you never have to look at it as everything can be done through the guide.

Oh I see. Well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see then, won't we?
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to   The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:18 am

This feature's supposed to be out by the end of '08 possibly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to   The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Xbox experience... you don't actually have to
Page 1 of 1